Here he is batting. And yes, he is a lefty.
Running to home plate.
Here he is cleaning off the plate. haha
Something else that has happened, on April Fools day, was my 30th Birthday!
Since Jeff was going to have to work on my actual birthday I got to open my presents early. Jeff and the kids got me a pair of Yellow Box flip-flops and a gift certificate for a pedicure. Two of my favorite things. He also took me out to eat at Pappadeaux's with some of our friends.
Megan wanted to take a picture of me before I opened my presents.
I had a great birthday.....well up until about 5:15 pm, which was the moment that my car broke down while I was stopped at a stop light. I was able to make it to the dealership, which was a good thing, but the fun didn't end there. After they informed me that I was looking at about $1500 - $3000 to repair the car, the dealership put me in a suburban for the night as they were closing their doors for the evening. We were supposed to have dinner and our weekly bible study at church that night, so I decided to run home before making our way to the church. As I pulled up to my drive way I reached to push my garage door opener. To my surprise, it was not there. I had left it in my car, which was now locked up in the shop at the dealership. At that very moment so many things crossed my mind....my dog who was in her kennel locked in the house, my two kids who had been in the car with me through out the whole ordeal, my husband who was an hour away at work and wouldn't be home til the next morning and my house keys that were locked up inside my house (I know - defeats the purpose of having house keys right!?). Those that know me know that I am an emotional person and when even the slightest of tear forms, my face turns into a red blotchy mess. That being said I had already shed some tears, but before the garage door opener ordeal I had pulled it together, touched up on my make up and was on my way to a less blotchy looking mess. I called my mom when the bucket less loose and the tears started falling. She reassured me that it would be ok. She then called one of her friends to have her husband, who worked at the dealership, to meet me back up there to help me get my garage door opener out of my car. I was so thankful that everything had worked out.
At this point, I was now late for church, but decided to go anyway. A few people at the church were aware of what was going on, but not everyone knew what all I had been through. As I walked into the room, they were about to pray over the meal that was being served. I was trying to apply some powder to my face to cover all of the redness. As I sat my purse down trying to just sneak in, someone began singing Happy Birthday to you....you know the song. All eyes were on me. There was no hiding place to duck my head. Any other time I would've had a big smile on my face so thankful for this moment, and though I was still very thankful and trying to produce a big smile, I couldn't hold back my emotions.......more tears. Remember now, not everyone knew what had just happened. They just knew that I was turning 30, which my children had informed everyone of. So you know that some of them were thinking that I must be depressed about turning 30. haha
Even though Jeff had to work that night, he had ordered a birthday cake for us to have at church. He is so sweet. Him doing that helped greatly to cheer me up.
Here is a picture of my cake!
As a new day came so did good news with my car situation. We were able to have the car towed to another shop where they fixed the problem for a lot less and had my car back to us that very afternoon. During this time another funny thing happened. When were at home waiting for the car to be fixed I was walking around the truck in our garage while wearing another new pair of wedge heals that I had gotten from my aunt for my birthday. I lost my footing and fell flat on my face. Luckily Jeff was in front of me and didn't get to see the actual fall, because it doesn't seem so bad when no one sees the actual embarassing moment right?! And let me tell you that it was not a graceful fall by no means. As I rolled over to reach for Jeff's hand to help me up I thought to myself....if this is what 30 is like...I give up. haha
And for the last thing that has happened....
At church the other night one of the other kids was carrying Caleb and running. They tripped over a chair that was in front of the church and Caleb's face/cheek landed on a brick wall that was about 2 feet high. Here are some pictures of the progress of his ongoing black eye. This happened 2 days ago.
Here is a picture the night of the accident.
This was 3 days out.
Caleb was a trooper. The doctor doesn't think that there are any broken bones or any major damage. We now just have to wait for the black eye to go away.
Hopefully we can see some luck come our way soon. We sure need it.
I hope that everyone has a great Easter Sunday.
Well, if you didn't have bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all! Hopefully everything will be onward and upward from now on.
ReplyDeleteBless your heart! I totally agree with you though...if that is any indication of what 30 is going to be like, no thank you, I'll pass!!!
ReplyDelete