Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!!

OK, so my post title is a day early, but we have been Valentine partying all afternoon.
We started off with a party at Megan's school. Her class had a Pizza party.

Next we were off to Caleb's class party.

His class got to decorate Valentine cookies. He was so excited. He wanted me to take a picture of his cookie decorating skills.
Caleb's Cookie:

The other night, while shopping for party favors, I grabbed a frozen pizza for dinner. Before I put it in the oven I moved the pepperonis around to make the shape of a heart.


Notice the foil covered pan. I am all about quick clean up. After I cooked the pizza I figured out that I had left the paper backing on the back of the pizza. Hopefully it's not like a styrofoam in the microwave kind of thing that makes it bad for your health. It did keep the bottom from turning brown, which with Megan that was a good thing. She rates how good a pizza is by the color of the bottom.

Same goes with biscuits. One weekend, the kids spent the night with my sister and sadly I must admit that she came away that weekend as the "best biscuit cooker". When Megan was little she would always say that she liked someone's cooking the best. Usually it was Granna's cooking (my mom) or Angela's (her sitter), and then other times she would say that it was mine. Who ever it was at the time she always loved putting a smile on their face. Amy was thrilled to know that she had cooked the best biscuits. Personally I think that she just got lucky, but none the less she still holds the title. Megan will still to this day tell you that Amy cooks the best biscuits. (And as my sister reads this I can almost see the smile on her face)


Happy Valentine's Day!!
(a day early)

1 comment:

  1. I love your new post. Looks like the kids had great parties at school. Caleb did job decorating his cookie. I wish I had a bite of it. And your pizza was so cute. You are so creative! I guess you get that from your Dad. Granna

    ReplyDelete