Wednesday, May 6, 2009

10 year Wedding Anniversary

On May 1st, 2009 Jeff and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary. I pulled out our big photo album to take a walk down memory lane and thought that I would take you along for the ride.

Jeff and I met while I was singing with Deep South. He was a handsome young fireman and had the cutest smile. We had only dated a few months when I was at home and heard the sound of a firetruck siren coming down the road. Actually I didn't know what I was hearing......I thought that it was the rocking chair that I was sitting in, but my mom and sister kept saying what is that sound. So we all went to see what it was. When we opened the door I saw Jeff doing his best hope floats impression, standing on the side of the firetruck holding a bouquet of flowers. As I walked out on to the porch I looked over and saw my dad with the video camera. It never registered to me what was actually about to happen. I thought to myself, how sweet he brought me flowers. It wasn't until we met in the middle of the sidewalk that I realized what was going on. Jeff got down on one knee and said "Katy, will you marry me?" I answered "Yes".
A little less than a year later we were married.

































I love him more and more as each day passes and look forward to the many more years to come.

3 comments:

  1. I love you too, Katy. You are my everything!

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you guys are so cute....Katy, be happy that you found the real thing. Here's wishing you many more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were a beautiful bride!!!!! Can't believe its been ten years. I wish I weighed now what I did then. I hope you have many years of happily ever after.

    ReplyDelete