Thanksgiving, for me, means time with family and food.....two of my favorite things. We went to my parents house this year for lunch. Mom always makes a great meal and the opportunity to sit down with family makes it all that much sweeter. Mom worked hard and made an incredible meal. Just wish that I could have had more. :o)
After we got done eating the kids went outside to play with Miss Kenlie. She is so sweet and for some reason has always called Caleb, "Pocket". He doesn't really care for the name, so of course all of us loved ones called him that all day.
Caleb, my great-niece Kenlie, and Megan






After we got done eating the kids went outside to play with Miss Kenlie. She is so sweet and for some reason has always called Caleb, "Pocket". He doesn't really care for the name, so of course all of us loved ones called him that all day.
Me and my youngest niece Lauren.
She is growing up so fast and is such a beautiful young lady. Last week there was a revival at East Paris and Lauren made the decision to accept Jesus into her heart. Oh what a blessing to see God at work in our youth.
My oldest niece Kailey and I.
While outside the kids found a pile of leaves. It's funny how a pile of leaves can bring such joy to children. I happened to look out the window at one point and Caleb was laying in the leaves and all you could see was his head. By the time I could grab my camera he was already up and they were tossing the leaves in the air.
It's not too often that we get our pictures made together so we took advantage of the situation.
My dad, middle niece Macy and my mom
Earlier in the week, Caleb had his Thanksgiving Feast at school. He was so excited.
Caleb with his teacher Mrs. Binko.
They each got to make their own pumpkin pie. Caleb loves pumpkin pie. We had to take a picture of him with his pie for daddy.
As this Thanksgiving has come and gone it has given me a chance to reflect on all that I am so thankful for. One thing that I am most thankful for is my relationship with God. I came to know him as a child and now live for him as an adult. I stumble daily in my walk, but am thankful that He is a forgiving God. He corrects me when I need correcting and catches me when I fall. He is the reason that I have so much to be thankful for. For without Him I would have nothing.
I am so thankful for my family. I have been blessed with 10 years of marriage to my best friend, and have two wonderful kids who bring such joy to our lives. As I watched the kids play outside today I found myself thanking God for my sense of sight; that I am able to watch them grow and play. Thanking Him for my sense of hearing; that I am able to hear their sweet laughter. Thanking Him for my sense of touch; that I am able to feel their sweet loving touch, their hugs around my neck. My senses are something that I take for granted every day.
I have so many things that I am thankful for and give God all of the glory for each and every one of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment