I am trying to watch what I eat. Notice the word diet was not in that sentence. With me, the d-word is not allowed to be said when wanting to lose weight. If my mind, mouth or stomach hear the word diet they go into oh no we are going to starve mode. So I made a list of things that I am going to try to help me lose some of the unwanted pounds. Unwanted as in would rather they be gone by summer time when we go to the beach. My list mainly includes smaller portions and getting off of my caffeine drug (also known as Dr. Pepper). Who knows if this will actually work, but hey I am at least going to give it a shot.
So today for lunch I decided to make a salad. I chopped up some lettuce, sliced some radishes, bell pepper, and cucumbers and then topped it off with some grilled chicken and Italian dressing. I sat down on the couch ready to eat this beautiful salad. It was right after I took my first bite and while going for my second bite that my fork slipped and my grilled chicken salad ended up becoming a tossed salad. Tossed in my lap, tossed on the couch, and even tossed on the floor. Don't ask me how, just know that it was everywhere. Oh the joy of "watching what I eat" fly everywhere buy my mouth.
While making my salad Caleb asked if he could try some. He actually liked it and even asked for more bell peppers. You can usually tell him that he will like something and he will at least give it a good try. Megan on the other hand isn't going to try anything out of the ordinary. Her ordinary includes chicken strips, macaroni & cheese, spaghetti O's, ravioli's and a small list of other things. I think that I was pretty much like that when I was younger, but my list of things that I won't eat has gotten much shorter.
No comments:
Post a Comment