Here is Megan with one of her gifts. She told me later that she really likes these colors and wants to do her room in them. Maybe we can work on that one.
Since Jeff was working on Christmas Eve this meant that he wouldn't get home until close to 9am Christmas morning. I decided to keep the kids up late in hopes that they would stay asleep until Jeff got home that next morning. I didn't want him to miss out on their excitement walking in to see what all Santa had brought. I wasn't sure if it would work, but luckily it did. He made it home and the kids and I were still asleep. Caleb jumped up out of bed and was ready to go check it out.
The stockings were hung by the (not so) chimney with care and were filled to the brim with sweets and fun treats.
The kids must have been good because Santa didn't pass on by, though let me tell you some days were questionable on whether he would be stopping by. ha ha
After checking out everything that Santa had brought, the kids moved on to opening the presents from under the tree. One of the first things that the kids wanted to open were the big boxes. I have to tell you that I have never been one to join in on the Black Friday Sales, but for the first time ever I got up at 3am and joined right in. We had been looking for some small flat screen TVs for the kids rooms, but they all seemed to be a lot of money. When buying 2 TVs you need to kind of look for the sales. On Black Friday Wal-Mart had 18" TVs on sale for a good price and they were one of the big purchase items which caused you to have to get into a certain line to be ready to purchase the TVs at 5 am. I got up at 3am and headed up to Wal-Mart to meet my sister and one of her friends. I thought that it was a little crazy until I got there and I back tracked on that and changed it to A LOT crazy. We stood in line for over an hour and a half and thankfully they still had some TVs left when it came to our turn. I scored on that deal and was able to purchase 2. With my TVs in my buggy, I headed straight for the checkout lines...............oh the horror. I never thought about having to stand in another line for another hour just to check out. It was crazy and I am not sure that I will ever do it again, unless there is some special something that the kids just have to have......and it is worth risking my life to get it.
Here is Megan opening her flat screen TV.
Megan & Caleb with their Nintendo DSs. Of course Jeff and I have had fun playing their DS games too.
Caleb looking at his Nintendo DS Game
Jeff w/his paint ball gun accessories.
Each year we take each of the kids to get a gift for the other one. Here is a picture of them with some of their gifts that they exchanged. It's funny how when you take them shopping they know exactly what the other one will like and what they want to get.
Here is a picture of Megan's guitar that Santa left for her. She has wanted my dad to teach her how to play the guitar for about a year now. It took her a while to even see it and I think that I even had to point it out to her. When she finally saw it she was so excited. You couldn't peel the smile off of her face.
Here is a picture of her trying to play a tune on her new guitar.
I can't wait to watch her progress through her lessons. Hopefully she will stick with it and see her dreams through. Introducing the next Taylor Swift.............
Megan Jameson and her 1st guitar.
Christmas morning after playing with all of the new toys we got ready and left to have Christmas with Jeff's side of the family. It is always great to get together with family. The kids had so much fun playing with their cousins. Wish we could all get together more often.
I hope that everyone reading this had a Merry Christmas.
Happy New Year!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment