Saturday, February 13, 2010

2010 - Snow

2010, for us, will be remembered as the year that we got over 7 inches of snow. When we got home from work/school we went out to play in the snow that had been falling all day and we measured 7 inches!!!


It wasn't even done snowing when we measured it, so I'm not exactly sure how much snow we ended up getting. When we left work/school on Thursday we were told that there would be a 2 hour delay the next morning. We went to bed hoping for a snow day.....and a snow day we got. The kids were so excited and truthfully so were we. We all had so much fun getting to play in the snow.

Here is Megan making a snow angel.


And Caleb's little snow angel.


Friday morning when we got up I let Lexi our boxer out to do her business. It took forever to get her to take that first step into the snow, but once she got in it I had to lure her back inside. She loved it!!! She kept begging at the back door to go back out and play.


Here she is fetching a lawn dart that I had thrown out into the yard.


Here she is saying. "I know it's around here somewhere!!" haha


Friday morning we went out to play in the snow some more. While I was over trying to make us a big, well somewhat big, snowman I looked over in our driveway and Caleb had made his very own snowman. Check out the nose on that thing. haha He said that it looked like squid wart off of Sponge bob.


Look at this snowman face. Too cute.


I had been working on the big snowman and Megan was dying to put the arms in. Finally I told her to go for it. She was so excited.


Here is our 2010 snowman. Caleb came out a little later and added a carrot nose.

Here is Jeff about to peg his sweet camera girl in the leg with a snow ball. This started an all out family snowball fight. Fun fun!!!

The kids had so much fun playing in the snow and memories were made that is for sure.

We had a lot of fun too!! Who ever said that the kids are the only ones who can have all the fun?!?

I had to add this last picture. I thought that it was too cute, though it kind of reminds me of the Brady bunch start up of the show where the kids are looking around at each other in the boxes. I know I'm crazy like that.

I hope that everyone had the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful snow. I love to look at it. Thankfully I didn't have to drive in it. That is probably the only part that I don't like about the snow. Well.....I also have to add the year that the bad snowstorm came through and this huge tree fell through our roof.....that wasn't any fun either.

Luckily this year we were left with great memories from the 2010 Snow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment