I found that I probably used more creamer than I had coffee in my cup, but none the less it was pretty good.
Here lately I have not had much motivation to do much of anything. And truly my devotional time had been somewhat slim. I teach a bible study for 13 & 14 year old girls at our Church on Wednesday evenings and I had gotten to where I was doing the bare minimum to get by.
Another place where motivation was lacking was getting up early in the morning. We are always so rushed in the mornings and I am always late to work. Usually only a few minutes, but even a few minutes mean that I am late. This is something that I struggle with daily. It didn't matter what time I got up something would cause us to be running late.
When I got my coffee maker I prayed that God would help me to want to get up early so that we could have "our time" over a cup of coffee. So far I haven't missed a cup yet. I have found it to be something that I look forward to. One morning I might work on my lesson for Wednesday night, or I might just read from my bible, or just spend that time in prayer, but no matter what I do it is "our time".
Since starting this, I have found more of a desire to dive into my lesson for our Bible study. Adding more application for the girls, giving them things to think about and apply to their daily lives, things for me to apply to my daily life also. I usually try to work up my lesson and then print if off for some of the girls at work to look over and discuss. They give me their insight all while giving me the chance to express what I have learned from the lesson. It has opened up conversation that you don't usually find in the work place and for that I am thankful.
This is something that I hope to continue and I pray that you will join us. :o)
Katy...that's awesome...hope you continue being blessed by having a "cup" with Him in the mornings. Same with Bible time for me...If I get it in, it's good, but my days are 100% better when I get up before everyone else and have it then...just makes the whole day go better :-)
ReplyDelete